Temp-Stop, LLC is a chain of convenience stores based in Lee’s Summit, Missouri extending South toward the Ozark Mountains. We currently have 12 store locations and we are expanding every year. We offer the best in fuel from Conoco and Phillips 66 supplied by Carter Energy.
The Temp-Stop Difference
There is a difference at Temp-Stop. It flows from our clerks, managers, and employees and ends up putting a smile on our customers’ faces and makes our job worthwhile. The difference is believing that working hard meet and exceed customer expectations will give us back a piece of what we put into our work.
Our customers keep coming back not only because of our convenience but because of that unspoken, harmonious agreement that we work hard for our customers so they will keep bringing us their smiles and appreciation. That’s the Temp-Stop difference.
Temp-Stop, LLC was formed to acquire, build, and operate high-class convenience stores to serve the public with high quality and responsibly priced gasoline, diesel, food, convenience items, and car washes.
On March 13th 1998, Terry Green, Tim Green, and Jerry Bain (equity partner) purchased the retail operations of Gerken Oil and renamed the operations Temp-Stop, LLC. Temp-Stop is short for “Temporary Stop” as well as a play on words with the equity partner’s company Temp-Con.
Gerken Oil was operating 5 retail units located around the Lake of the Ozarks, as well as operating a bulk oil plant, transportation vehicles, and operating a wholesale division supplying several other retailers with Phillips 66 gasolines. Simultaneous to the purchase, the wholesale unit, transportation unit, and bulk oil divisions were spun off to Carter Energy (wholesale unit), and Nicks Transportation (bulk oil and transportation).
Throughout 1999 Temp-Stop, LLC developed their 6th site located in Pleasant Hill, Missouri. Opened on September 21, 1999, the unit was co-branded with a Taco Bell “Power Pumper” design. The Taco Bell unit was leased to KMAC Enterprises through a long-term lease arrangement.
October 9th, 1999 Temp-Stop purchased the operations of two Lee’s Summit, Missouri ASAP convenience stores. Both stores were part of the retirement initiative of Sam Carter.
Throughout 2000, Temp-Stop and Temp-Con developed their new corporate office in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. The development was a state of the art facility with 16,000 sq. ft. for administrative, storage, and manufacturing.
In October 2001 Terry Green and Tim Green successfully purchased Jerry Bain’s membership interest in Temp-Stop, LLC. Terry Green now owns 82% of the outstanding member interests, and Tim Green owns the remaining 18% of the outstanding member interests.
Throughout 2003, and opened October 15th, 2003, Temp-Stop developed and opened it 9th retail unit located at what’s known as the Lake Lotawana area just east of Lee’s Summit and south of Blue Springs.
Throughout 2003 and occupied April 1, 2004 Temp-Stop, LLC developed their new corporate office in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
At Temp-Stop, we have not just one mission, but three. We have our main dedication to our customers, but we are also dedicated to our employees. That’s another Temp-Stop difference.
Our Core Values
All Temp-Stop employees rely on three core values to drive our decisions and deliver on our mission.
About the Owner:
Terry S. Green
Born in Independence, Missouri, Terry was raised in a middle-class family with one brother and one sister. After high-school graduation in 1985, Terry earned a Bachelor’s of Science Degree is Business Administration with a major in Finance in 1989 from Central State Missouri University. During his education, Terry worked for three different entrepreneurs which helped him set his goal of self-employment.
Terry left his position as operations manager and COO of the New Wave Food Marts and New Trail Travel Centers in order to build Temp-Stop. New Wave was a consolidation of 12 corporate entities operating 18 different locations including 11 convenience stores, 3 travel centers (located in western Kansas, Oklahoma, and Missouri), and 3 24 hour family-style restaurants, and 1 motel.
Since then Terry has grown Temp-Stop from the ground up and is expanding all the time. Terry is currently active in the operations and is serving as President and Managing Member of Temp-Stop, LLC.
About the Owner:
Tim is not only co-owner of Temp-Stop, LLC, but is also active in the operations and is serving as Vice-President of Operations and is also a Managing Member of Temp-Stop, LLC.